Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yikes!!

OK I'm already beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed, and we've barely begun!! I received a call today from our social worker, Peggy. We talked for a little bit(which is unbelieveable since the girls had some friends over and the house was wild and crazy!). She asked if we had any questions so far(no) and told me a bit about the next few steps and how we go about accomplishing them. The first step is to get fingerprinted. She said that sometimes the finger printing takes longer than the rest of the homestudy process and can sometimes cause it to take longer, so it's best to do that first and get it out of the way. She also said the whole process is usually about eight weeks...so if that stays true, we should be finished around the beginning of September. She also emailed me all of the instructions for our next steps, which detail how to go about getting finger printed...

Holy cow! What a process! I thought about copying and pasting it, but it is just wayyyyy to much. You'd think I would just show up, touch some ink pads and be on my way but nooooooo. To even get to the point where they take my fingerprints is a whole lot of effort. I'm not even hesitating, it's totally worth it, and I knew going into this that there would be quite a bit of work involved, I just didn't think it would start with something so simple as fingerprints! Oh well, every step is one more step closer to my sweet baby!

P.S. I'm not sure if I mentioned this but we put on our application that we'd be willing to accept a child under nine months old(either sex) or twin infants under 9 months. Just thought that might be worth saying. :)

No comments: