Friday, July 18, 2008

Information Junkie

Hi, my name's Megan and I'm an information junkie.

Since we started this process I feel like I can't get enough information about adoption. I find myself searching blogs, agency websites, news articles, anything and everything that has something to do with adoption. I subscribed to someone's blog a little while ago for something completely unrelated to adoption. Today, she posted something about her family and their journey to adopt from Ethiopia. Crazy! So, of course I had to go back and read all of her previous posts about adoption.

I've spent way too much time researching this process. But, in my defense, I do this with everything. When my mom had cancer and would have a new symptom, my sister and I would google it to death...and then call the nurse. When my older daughter was having "issues" I looked up everything I could on her behavior - including books. When we planned our Hawaii vacation I knew just about everything you could on the island of Oahu. When my feet started having problems I knew every solution and treatment possible. So, it is fitting that when we chose to adopt, I learn everything I can about adoption, Ethiopia, Ethiopian adoption, the costs involved, the timeline, grants and loans to pay for the adoption, local families who have adopted, books on adoption, Layla House, AAI, and everything before, after, and in between.

The only problem with this? I'm a mom to 3 beautiful, wonderful children that need my time more than I need to look up more families who have adopted/are in the process of adoption. So, my dear and beloved Google, I bid the adieu...for now.

No comments: