Friday, July 18, 2008

I am one

I'm only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

-Edward Everett Hale

I read an amazing two-part article today that made me feel even more grateful and excited for this adoption journey. The Kennard family lives as an amazing example of true, Christlike love and sacrifice. I hope that by adopting an Ethiopian child into our home, we will be creating ripples of change. I know our journey can't create as large of ripples as the Kennard family was able to, but my in-laws inspired us to action by their selfless act of adoption and so I hope that others may be inspired to "do the something that (they) can do."

Part One: Making Room for Just One More

Part Two: With Joy Ye Shall Draw Water

No comments: