Monday, July 7, 2008

In the mail!

Ian sent off the marriage cert form, so hopefully 2 more weeks until we can send in our application! Today was a great day(for other reasons), and knowing that we are one step closer to adopting makes it even better! I feel much more at peace after my Gifts post. I think it was good to get my thoughts out and really organize them so I could stop dwelling on things.

Ian is having some stress from work lately and I just got a call last night that the Stake President wants to meet with him, and have me come too. We're assuming they want to ask him to be a seminary teacher - since Ian told our Bishopric that he is trained to be one, and has experience being one - but he is also the Young Men's President in our ward and it is extremely unlikely that they will release him from that calling...so I'm assuming they will ask him to teach seminary in addition to his calling. I know he will say yes, I'm just feeling bad because he has this stress at work, he's waking up early already to train for a marathon, and to add seminary to his already busy life as a husband and a father makes me a little worrisome. However, the last time he taught seminary was the hardest time our family has ever gone through. It was when we lived at my mom's and were taking care of her in the year before she died. I know that having him teach seminary was so important to our spirituality and sanity at the time. And I know that because he was so diligent in his teaching, we were so blessed.

If the Lord wants my husband to teach seminary, I know that it is because our family is in need of blessings. And with our desire and decision to adopt, I can't think of a better time to ask for His Spirit in our home. Now, if we're wrong, and this has nothing to do with seminary...then I can worry, but for now - I am very much at peace with the direction our lives seem to be headed.

No comments: