Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thank you, City of San Diego!

It only took 6 days to get our marriage certificates back!! And that's starting the day we sent it, not the day they received it...So speedy!! We got them last night, and since today is Sunday - I'm hoping to get our application in the mail tomorrow. We have all of the paperwork except something from our health insurance stating the adopted child will be covered. I'm a little confused as to where exactly we should find that, but Ian thinks he can log into his work's network and find it through there. I'm hoping he will do that tonight...because that's the only other thing we need before we can officially start the adoption process!

The other night when Ian was saying our prayer before bed, he prayed that we wouldn't lose our excitement about this adoption. I thought that was so interesting. At this point, I don't feel like that's possible, but I know that once we start working on our dossier and realize how much paperwork we need to track down...we just might lose our steam. And I don't want to do that because it will just slow us down.

Right now I'm really confused one the whole homestudy thing. We read somewhere that you should postpone your referral as long as you can when applying for an infant because it usually takes a while to get a referral. But, I was under the impression that you cannot even get a referral until the homestudy is completed. Also, there are so many homestudy companies...who do we use? How do we narrow down the list to just one company? I'm hoping I'll remember to call AAI this week and ask them for the contact info of some families in AZ so I can see who they've used and ask them what they thought about the process. Also, it would be nice to meet with some local families and connect with them. Ooooh - maybe I should send an email right now so I don't forget...Perfect, see ya! :)

No comments: