Monday, June 8, 2009

Clarification

Sorry I was so vague earlier... I wasn't very happy and didn't really feel like taking the time to post an explanation. So here's a little clarification:

If the Ministry of Women's Affairs(MOWA) doesn't send your case in with a cover letter, you do not pass court. The cover letter basically says they approve everything. There are lots of different reasons they don't send cover letters. Many times they don't because they are understaffed and run out of time. This is obviously not the case since on Friday they sent some of today's in, so they were a little ahead of the game. Plus, NONE of the cases had cover letters. Apparently something happened. I know that just in the past year the director of MOWA has been imprisoned twice while the gov checked on some cases. Maybe that's the case again? We may never know. So now we just wait. It could be a week, it could be months... Once again, I'll be sure to let you all know the minute I know more.

Thanks so much for all of your kind words, it really means a lot.

1 comment:

Staci Kramer said...

I know you probably haven't heard anything further but I wanted you to know how much I have been thinking about you. The whole cover letter thing is so weird. There must be corruption involved because what possible reason in there to delay the adoption of an orphan to a loving family? I can't imagine what anyone even has to gain. I'm sure the last thing you need is people sharing their outrage with you but I had to drop a note and let you know how much I am pulling for you and your baby. I guess it will make it that much sweeter when he is yours. I will be watching the blog for news...