Saturday, July 4, 2009

We have travel dates!!!

Our Embassy interview appointment is set for Wed August 12!!!

We haven't booked our travel yet, but we'll get there a little before the 12th and leave a little after... and at least now we know when we'll see our baby boy!

And now that we have pretty definitive plans, we'd like to ask for some specific donations. We are planning on packing as light as we possibly can in the hopes that any other packing room will be full of donations for the children and babies at Layla house and Wanna house. PLEASE please please choose one or two of the following and send them with us!

  • Kirkland(Costco) infant formula - 2 pack
  • Lego - basic bricks or Duplo bricks
  • NEW Socks and underwear, boys and girls all sizes(up to about 14 yrs) including small size bras

None of these things are very expensive and if everyone who reads this blog would go out and buy one of those items, we would have plenty to supply the kids with. If you need my home address, please leave your email address as a comment(I'll delete your addy as soon as I read it). Otherwise, feel free to drop things by our house any time!

Also, thank you so much to those of you who have already bought formula to send with us. And thank you ALL for your prayers. It seriously meant so much to us and I KNOW those prayers were not only heard, but answered.

Yay for travel dates! Woohoo!!!

6 comments:

shannon j said...

Is there an item that is needed the most? How much is the Costco formula? I'll send you a check.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan said...

We are happy to send goodies along too. Just let us know.

And tell me how I can help with kids while you are gone!

Anonymous said...

Wow! it's happening! Yeah! I will see what I can do about sending you stuff. =) xoxoxoxoxoxoxox... It was so good to see you... what a great surprise!

Rebekah said...

I'm so happy for you and your family!! Thanks for posting the picture. He is so cute and I know he is going to the best family!!

Kara said...

Megan- i wish i would have read this blog before!! glad you got some stuff to take with you though.