Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Tears


We have a phrase in our house we call "Happy Tears." When my mom was in the hospital and had been for a while, I took my daughters to visit her. She was so overjoyed to be with them that she had tears streaming down her cheeks. My oldest daughter, Emma - 3 1/2 yrs at the time - didn't understand why her Grammy was so sad. But then Grammy explained that she was just so happy and the happiness was filling her up so much that it was coming out of her eyes as tears.


Today I had happy tears. 4 days ago I blogged about us traveling to Ethiopia and asked for donations. Today, I opened my door to find two packages from two people in different parts of the country who I have never met, and never even talked to before last week. I was shocked. And just thinking about it now starts my happy tears again. There are such generous people in this world, and particularly in the small world of Ethiopian adoption. My heart has been pulled so many different directions throughout this entire process but to ask for donations and then have them at my door 4 days later just shocked me. I know that these donations aren't for me, but I can't help but feel grateful for the generosity that was shown to me today. I know there's more in the mail coming, and I want to thank you all so VERY much, especially Lindsey and Estee. You made my day, thank you!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so thankful that we could help out in such a small way. It makes me cry "unhappy tears" to think we live in a world where a pair of undies is a treasure, but I am glad that "happy tears" found you today. May God continue to bless this process for your family and especially your trip to your child.