Sunday, June 29, 2008

Packet

Woohooo!!! We got our packet from AAI!!! I feel so elated because we can begin! We're one step closer to bringing our sweet baby home.

Last night as I laid in bed saying my prayer, I prayed for the mom of our sweet child. It hurts my heart to think of the trials she is about to/is going through. And to think that she might be pregnant with our baby right now is such a weird thought. Weird because it makes me feel excited, but at the same time, so sad. That poor mom will have to separate herself from her child - whether because of poverty or even her own death. I feel so connected to her right now. She is about to give me an amazing gift, but most likely not because she is choosing to. I wish I could tell her that I will take care of this child as my own because he/she will be my own. I promise I will love her child, nourish her child, teach her child, and give her child everything he/she could possibly need. I wish I could placate her worries and help her to understand that this child will be a blessing to us. And I wish I could thank her.

No comments: