Monday, September 1, 2008

SO close!

We met with our social worker last Tuesday and I was so hopeful that we would be all done with our part of the homestudy. Ummmmm...no. Not so much. Only because of my stupidity, though. I forgot to get the guardianship paper notarized the previous Saturday when we got everything else notarized. I also forgot that for the pool pictures we needed a picture of the lock on the gate, not just the fence. There were a couple of other holes in the homestudy that I needed to fill in - my kids weight and height, some more specific verbage about our health insurance, etc. So, we have just a little bit more to do and then our homestudy can be on its way. Oh, and we did get the dogs immunized. Thankfully it was pretty uneventful.

As for our dossier, we're just waiting on our letter from the bank. We actually had the bank manager at the branch we opened the account do the paper for us. He got it notarized and everything. He just forgot to have it printed on bank letterhead paper. Whoops! And he was gone all week, last week, and today's a holiday. So hopefully tomorrow will be the day! And then we'll just have to finish up our dossier and send that with our payment to AAI. Yay!!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

wow, that was alot to read, i'm not surprised, i'm thrilled for you. i'm sure the joy you will feel will let you know it was always the right choice to make. You amaze me Meggers, you and Ian are blessed. I wish you the best on your journey of bringing hope to a very special child or children.