Friday, March 6, 2009

It's a BOY!!!

We are proud to announce that we have accepted the referral of an 8 month old baby boy!

For now, I'll just be calling him Baby E. Until we pass court(probably not for another couple of months), I can't post pictures and I don't want to give out too much info...but I can tell you that he his healthy and beautiful! He has the most stunning big brown Ethiopian eyes and the smooshiest, poutiest lips I've ever seen. If you happen to have the pleasure of bumping into me any time soon, feel free to ask to see his picture - I'm sure I'll have it with me!

Yesterday when I was at Mckenna's dance class I got a message from the director of our agency wanting to talk to me about a baby boy! I called back and she read most of his info over the phone and then emailed me all of the info, medical reports, and two adorable pictures.

My mother-in-law had a good point...she said that if there was any doubt in my mind that this was the right choice...do NOT open that picture. Luckily there was no doubt, and Ian and I both really felt right about this from the moment we got the call. I actually opened the picture on accident. I told the compy to open all of the files in the email and was looking at something else while they loaded and then all of a sudden his picture just popped up on my screen. And my m-i-l was right because the moment I saw that picture...he became my son.

It's funny how quickly the sense of "ownership" kicked in. I don't think I felt it this early on with my biological kids, but every time I look at that picture I think: There he is, that's MY son!

So, Ian and I both prayed about it and I pretty much felt a "why are you even bothering to ask...you know he's your son" response... So Ian called today and accepted! He's only been in the orphanage for 5 weeks and they don't usually match the babies with families until they've been there closer to 6-8 weeks, so we won't get a court date for a bit. Probably in another 2-3 weeks we'll get a court date that will be about 2 months from then. So we're thinking we'll probably get to go bring Baby E. home in June. Yippeee!!!

And as far as his name...It has some pretty profound meaning to us, so we're thinking we'll keep it, but because it's not a very easy name, we'll move it to his middle name and choose a new name. We haven't quite decided, but we'll let you know when we do!

So, there you have it! 9 months into this process and we actually have a name and a face and a sweet adorable little spirit that I am already so inexplicably attached to!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan! What a wonderful blessing! I am so happy for you and Ian! I am amazed how fast this happened! I can't wait to see his precious face... eyes, lips and all! =) How truly exciting! That's great news!

Holly said...

Congrats! I am thrilled for you- I am teary eyed just from reading it. Yay!!!

Rogers said...

Megan and Ian~ I'm so excited for both of you!! What an awesome experience to go through, AND to have a *very* happy outcome. What a blessing!! Another boy!! Yay for you!!!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited for your whole family. This little boy is one lucky boy!

Tristen said...

Congratulations! I can't WAIT to see him someday! What an amazing miracle, I am so happy for you!

Chelsey Howard said...

That is amazing!!! I can't wait to see his picture!! I am so excited for you!! You and Ian are such amazing people. I am so excited that that little boys precious spirit get's to be in your home. I am so excited for you guys and for this little boy!! Congradulations:)

Shannon B said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! SOOO AWESOME!! Can't wait to see the little fella!!!! Congrats, what great news!!!

Kari said...

OH wow!! Congratulations Megan! We are so excited for you guys! What a neat and exciting blessing! This little boy couldn't be luckier!!

Amber and Co. said...

That is so amazing and exciting! I can't even begin to understand the emotions that you and Ian must be feeling right now. I can't wait to see his picture. Yay!

Jessica said...

Very exciting! How wonderful for you that everything is falling into place and you finally have found him. I look forward to seeing him. Congratulations!