Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Anticipation...

(Remember those Burger King commercials singing "Anticipation"...that's what song is in my head right now.)

I really wasn't feeling too anxious about being on the waiting list...Till my mother-in-law emailed me this(she got it from another adoptive mother):

I think the wait for your newest grandbaby will be short. ;-) I got an email from a friend (an old timer) who is at Wanna right now and she says this:

I have never seen nor imagined so many babies and toddlers there. Gail says she get 1 or 2 every other day.

I am choosing to be selfish for the moment and look at the glass as half full - meaning...I'm excited that we may get a referral sooner than later. I'm choosing - for this moment - not to dwell on how sad it is for those families and children that so many are being brought in to the orphanage.

I was previously feeling rather "eh" about waiting for our referral, knowing it could be quite a long time. So, thanks Laurie for making me eat, sleep, and breathe anticipation... A referral sure would be a nice Christmas present!

1 comment:

shannon j said...

Oh my heart just aches thinking about all those babies, it makes me want to cry. It is exciting to know you might get a referral soon!